The term "you", "your", and "User" or similar terms means the person accessing or using the Website / Mobile App. The terms "us", "we" and "our" refer to the Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC) Qatar.
1 . Definitions
- Registration/Renewal feesmeans the associated fees payable by the User for the registration and renewal.
- Online Internet Payment Services means an electronic payment system which enables the User to conduct account services and/or credit card transactions to the account of the IBPC via the Internet.
- Individual means a natural or legal person who is utilizing any of the Services Offered by the IBPC.
- Merchant Bank refers to IBPC's bank accepting payment for membership registration and renewal via the Website / App.
- Payment means a fund transfer from the User's bank account and/or Debit/ Credit Card to IBPC Accounts.
- User means any user of IBPC's Website / App, including the Internet Payment Services on the Website/ App.
- Website or "Site" means IBPC's website, www.ibpcqatar.com
- Mobile App or “App” means the IBPC's mobile application IBPC Qatar.
- Words importing only the singular shall include the plural and vice versa, and words importing any gender shall include all genders.
2 . Collection of Information
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect via the Application depends on the content and materials you use, and includes:
1. Personal Data
Demographic and other personally identifiable information (such as your name , email address etc.) that you voluntarily give to us when choosing to participate in various activities related to the Application. Please be advised that all data you disclose in Directory / Networking areas will be accessible to us and anyone who accesses the Directory section.
2. Derivative Data
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Application, such as your native actions that are integral to the Application, and other users via server log files.
3. Geo-Location Information
We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, while you are using the Application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device settings.
4. Mobile Device Access
We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile devices like Bluetooth, calendar, storage, and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device settings.
5. Mobile Device Data
Device information such as your mobile device ID number, model, and manufacturer, version of your operating system, phone number, country, location, and any other data you choose to provide.
6. Push Notifications
We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt- out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device settings.
7. Third-Party Data
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Application permission to access this information.
8. Tracking Technologies
Cookies and Web Beacons
We may also partner with selected third-party vendors, or analytic tools such for analysis purposes to allow
tracking technologies and remarketing services on the Application using first party cookies and third-party
cookies, to, among other things, analyse and track users use of the Application, determine the popularity of
certain content, and better understand online activity. By accessing the Application, you consent to the
collection and use of your information by these third-party vendors. You are encouraged to review their
information to these third-party vendors.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
3 . User Obligations
- Acceptable Use: This Website/ Mobile App is designed to provide Users with a range of information. This Website/ App may be used only for its lawful and intended purposes.
- Eligibility: Our Website/ App is not intended for the use of minors, and the IBPC will not allow Users we know to be under 21 years of age to perform transactions on the Site.
- Transmission of Information: The User is responsible for their own communications, including the transmission and uploading of information and is responsible for the consequences of such communications to the Site/ App. The User is solely responsible for the accuracy and correctness of all information and details transmitted via the Website/ App. The IBPC will not be liable for any non- payment because of any error in the information submitted by the User or otherwise in any failure or delay in payment. Errors in submitted information may result in delays in service, as the membership will only be confirmed once the required payment has been successfully made.
Account Information: You may at any time review or change the information in your account or
terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications: If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may
opt-out by Contacting us using the contact information provided below.
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
4 . Payment Methods and Policy
- Methods of Payment: We accept payment for our member registration, renewals and any for any paid event registrations, by credit or debit cards, both online via our Online Payment Service, and in person at our offices. All credit and debit card details and personally identifiable information will not be stored, sold, shared to any third parties. All fees are paid in Qatari Riyals (QAR) only.
- Fees and Charges: If the User uses a credit or debit card to make a payment via the IBPC Website and/or in person at our offices, the User accepts that they may be subject to fees which may be imposed by their own card issuing bank. User making a payment are not liable to pay any fees or charges imposed by the IBPC’s merchant bank for the transaction.
- Delivery Policy: IBPC will confirm membership to the User after the payment is received.
- Refunds: In the event of a membership cancellation there will be no refund granted.
- Dispute Management: If a User wishes to dispute a charge or make a complaint about a service provided to them by IBPC, they may e-mail email@example.com, or telephone IBPC at +974 6612 7451
5 . Online Payments
The following terms pertain to any purchases made by Users making online payments for purchases using the (E-Gateway) Online Payment Services on the IBPC Website/ App.
- Eligibility: Any User who has an accepted Account or Credit/Debit Card and is eligible to access and utilize the services of IBPC and subject to its discretion, is eligible to apply for Internet Payment Services. The User accepts that IBPC has the right to refuse any membership request and payment and may at any time at its own discretion disable the access to the Internet Payment Services.
- SSL Security information: To ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, the Website uses a technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by us.
- Assumption of Risk: The User should bear in mind that the submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure, and that neither the IBPC, nor its Merchant Bank can guarantee the security of the information submitted via Online Payment Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission are at the risk of the User.
6 . Warranty and Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permissible by law, IBPC
- (a) disclaims any representation or warranty express or implied concerning the accuracy, completeness, or fitness for a particular purpose of the information contained on the general site except for the published rules.
- (b) does not guarantee that the website/ mobile services, including access to the online payment services will function without interruption or errors, and
(c) provides the service (including content and information) on an “as is” and “as available” basis. IBPC
does not offer any warranty or remedies for the interruption or cessation of access to its services or this
website/ app. Users accessing this information assume full responsibility for the use of the information
contained on this website/app and understand and agree that the IBPC is not responsible for any claim, loss,
or damage arising out of the use of the information.
Further to this, in no event shall IBPC be liable for any indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages that result from the use of, or inability to use this website/ app or any other aspects of this agreement. Under no circumstances will IBPC be responsible for any damage, loss, or injury resulting from hacking, tampering, or other unauthorized access or use of the services or your account or the information contained therein.
7 . Indemnification
8 . General
- Severability: Each provision of this Agreement is severable. If any provision of this Agreement is or being illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, the illegality, invalidity, or unenforceability of that provision will not affect the legality, validity, or enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Agreement.
- Nature of Relationship: The User agrees that no joint venture, partnership, employment, agency agreement exists between you and IBPC because of this Agreement or use of the Site/App.
- Entire Agreement: These Terms constitute an entire agreement between the User and IBPC and supersede any prior agreements between the User and IBPC.
9 . Copyright and Disclaimer
The materials published on this website/App are unless otherwise stated the copyright works of IBPC. Users may make copies of materials published on this Website/ App for their personal and not-for-profit use. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the content of the published material and the copyright notices must remain intact, any communication of the content must not be misleading or inaccurate, and a copy of this Copyright and Disclaimer must accompany any copies of the materials which may be circulated. Users may not create a link to any part of this Website/App nor republish any content or material available on the Website/App on any other site or alert-service without prior written consent.
The information presented on our General Site is provided as a courtesy by IBPC and intended for the purposes of providing general information only, and do not constitute a substitute for legal or other professional advice. IBPC does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from reliance on information published on this site. Users that have or suspect to have a legal problem should consult a lawyer/legal practitioner for legal advice.
10 . Notification of Changes
Therefore, the users are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes on the website. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
11 . Site Administration and Contact
IBPC is committed to providing its users with services of the highest quality. If you have comments or questions about the administration of our website, please contact us at the following details.
12. Contact Details
Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC) Qatar
Phone No. +974 6612 7451
13 . Effective Date
The original effective date of this Agreement is 15 April 2022.
Copyright 2022. Indian Business and Professional Council (IBPC) Qatar.